Identifying future talent for a professional support services organisation
Nicholson McBride was asked to work with a Professional Support Services Organisation to assist them in identifying and developing their talent for the future. The business was set to grow significantly, and there was a need to ensure those in prominent and influential roles were set up for the challenge. We worked with the organisation to help their senior people:
- Understand how the nature of the work had changed and to see the impact they could have on the business.
- Identify what was expected from them in terms of behaviour and standards.
- Raise their game, so that they could lead and manage their people effectively.
- Develop a consistent understanding of what is meant by the term "Manager".
The approach started with a process to identify future needs. Once this was mapped out clearly, individuals were offered a comprehensive experience, comprising of:
- 360° feedback - a full picture of how participants were currently performing against future oriented competencies.
- Attendance at the Discovery Centre - how they could perform in a range of future oriented, potentially new, simulated activities.
- Stimulating debate and discussion about a range of future oriented business topics.
- Comprehensive developmental feedback, which was targeted towards a number of pre-identified developmental activities.
The business was then given support in developing subsequent activities, including developmental training, benchmarking, succession planning and appraisal.