Performance management for a global energy business
This global oil and gas producer, having gone through a merger, sought to redesign its Performance Management System.
Nicholson McBride was involved in:
- Ensuring that the new system reflected the culture of the merged organisation as well as future business needs.
- Drastically simplifying documentation that existed previously in the two separate organisations.
- Aligning the UK system with European Global Head Office's procedures.
- Introducing approximately 200 senior managers across the business to the new processes and training them in associated skills, including giving feedback, coaching and dealing with difficult situations.
- Briefing all staff on the new process and systems, to ensure they are prepared to get the most out of their appraisals.
As a consequence of our initial work we were invited to reinforce this skills training by helping to design and implement an integrated leadership development programme. The objective of this programme was to instil the performance management culture and behaviours on a day-to-day basis. The programme consists of development workshops and was supported by a 360º feedback and executive coaching programme.
The 360º process was designed exclusively for our client and managed throughout by Nicholson McBride. The process has delivered around 168 personal reports on our clients' managers, all of whom have been debriefed face-to-face to determine a more tailored agenda for personal improvement, which can be woven into the leadership development workshops globally.